Having seen the majority of his numerous movies, here are some of them, worth the watch !
– The Beach, with Tilda Swinton and Guillaume Canet. An island where life is supposed to be perfect, but when Leonardo arrives he realizes quickly that it’s not. Adapted from the famous novel, this movie is frightening as well as marvelous. A must if you’re craving vacation and palm trees.
– The Great Gatsby, again, a movie adapted from a famous novel. The story is beautifully adapted, mixing nowadays musics with parties from the twenties. Leonardo, as well as Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan embody perfectly the Fitzgerald’s universe.
– Django Unchained, one of the few roles of his career where he played an awful character. A freed slave (Jamie Foxx) try to free his wife from a plantation owner (Leo). As flawless as usual.
– Romeo + Juliet, a wonderfully beautiful, magic and romantic movie, without being too cheesy. Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes share the most famous love story of all time, and we can’t help but fall in love with them. Don’t forget tissues.
– What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, a very young Leo, as well as Johnny Depp and Juliette Lewis embody characters from a small town in the american countryside. Leonardo DiCaprio plays an autistic kid and Johnny Depp his big brother. This beautiful movie is perfect on a warm summer night with an open window and an old vinyl disc playing…
Well, here were some of his movies worth seeing (not always his most famous ones), but let’s not forget Titanic Leonardo, because we can !